Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chronic Blog Stagnation



Chronic Blog Stagnation … such a demoralizing phenomenon.
For a writer, it’s shameful: Summoning up a few hundred words several times a week should be painless, uncomplicated … even, dare I say it, fun.

Yet here sits this moribund blog, untouched for well over a year, its promises unfulfilled, its followers forsaken.

Oddly enough, I think I was on to something interesting when last I posted a handful of entries. Excavating oddities and rarities from my overcrowded library to share with like-minded authors and artists seems a noble enough endeavor, does it not? I believe it is time to dig up more of those small press curiosities in my collection to reveal to the fervent masses. I will also disclose some of the works that influenced my own writing – pulp magazines plucked from obscurity at flea markets, classic paperback horror anthologies and, of course, comic books.

Comic books – that’s where I will begin. In order to draw attention to the current Indiegogo fundraising campaign supporting the forthcoming World War Cthulhu anthology, tomorrow I will kick off a marathon of blog entries devoted to Lovecraft in comic books.

In the meantime, why not go watch the new promo video for WorldWar Cthulhu trust me, if you like horror – and if you particularly enjoy Lovecraftian horror – you’ll want to learn more about this first-rate anthology edited by Brian M. Sammons and Glynn Owen Barrass, set to be published by Dark Regions Press.



No comments: